“A parish is a definite community of the Christian faithful established on a stable basis within a particular church; the pastoral care of the parish is entrusted to a pastor as its own Shepherd under the authority of the diocesan bishop.” (Canon 515)
A pastoral council acts as a consultative body in assisting the pastor in maintaining the Christian life of the parish community. Pastoral council members are representative of the various constituencies that form the parish family and have a vested interest in the life and development of the parish.
The council only meets from 4 to 8 times a year but its effect on the parish is important. For more information about the council see the March 2017 Pastoral Council Guidelines for Mary, Mother of Mercy. Please feel free to contact any of the following council members whose terms began on July 1, 2017.
- Cathy Millspaugh (email@example.com), chair
- Barbara Willers (firstname.lastname@example.org), vice chair
- Michelle Humulock (email@example.com), secretary
- Andrew Morpurgo (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair;
- Pam Jasikoff
- Jeanie Wiggins
- Jessica Portillo (email@example.com), chair
- Gerry Frank
- Scott Hamula
- Kathleen Rourke
- Donna Brandow (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair
- Shirley Cleere
- Charlotte Huyler
- Richard Pell
- Janice McLaughlin, (email@example.com), co-chair
- Gerry Messmer, (firstname.lastname@example.org), co-chair
- Lydia Kurkchi
Minutes and agendas of the Mother, Mother of Mercy Parish Council’s meetings are available here. The council’s next meeting is scheduled for March 8, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the St. Francis annex.
The diocese highlighted the parish and the chair of the pastoral council in their Spring 2017 newsletter, vol. 5, issue 1.
Parish Council Members 2017–2018
for Parish of Mary, Mother of Mercy
(as of January 25, 2018):
Michelle Humulock, secretary
Fr. Bernard Maloney
Cathy Millspaugh, chair
Barbara Willers, vice chair