- Food Pantries:
- Ovid Federated church: Mondays, 10:00 a.m. Food truck is every other Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. (March 3)
- Interlaken Reformed church: 3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m., Fridays
- Trumansburg Food Pantry: Methodist church 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 5:15-6:00 p.m., every other Monday (March 2)
- Trumansburg Robotics: 5:00–8:00 p.m. on Mondays and 3:00–6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, St. James
- Family Hope Center: 12:00–4:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Holy Cross rectory
- Ash Wednesday: February 26
- 40 Days for Life: begins at 7:00 a.m., February 26, through 7:00 p.m., April 5, Ithaca
- Stations of the Cross: 6:00 p.m., Thursdays of Lent, Holy Cross Church followed by a communal soup supper. 3:00 p.m., Fridays of Lent, St. James, followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- Fr. Bernard Being Available: 6:30 p.m., Fridays at St. Francis, will resume on February 28
- Sweet Sunday Social: After 9:00 a.m. Mass, March 1, St. James
- Confirmation Candidates Classes: 4:00 p.m., Sundays at St. James, will resume on March 1
- Catholicism Classes: 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Wednesdays at St. Francis, beginning March 4
- Religious Education Monthly Gathering: after 9:00 a.m. Mass, March 15, St. James
- Gaelic and Garlic Festival: from noon until 4:00 p.m., March 15, Lansing’s All Saints Catholic church
- Empty Bowls Event: from noon until 2 p.m., March 15, Atlas Bowl in Trumansburg
- Diocesan Day of Penance and Mercy: April 1
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend: April 17–19
For more information on many of these events please visit the bulletin page.
A lovely St. Valentine’s Day social was held at Holy Cross church in February, 2020 💕 Thank you to the parish’s fellowship committee for arranging this event!
A thank you to everyone who helped decorate our churches for Christmas, especially the children who made ornaments for the trees at St. James the Apostle.
After enjoying a wonderful spread of food, Father Bernard led the kids on a tour of the sanctuary and sacristy so they could learn more about the Eucharist. This was part of the monthly gathering in November for families involved in religious education.
Parishioners enjoying chili as part of the ministry fair at St. Francisn October 26 and 27 all three churches had ministry fairs where paParishioners could sign up for different ministries while enjoying food. Thank you to the worship and fellowship committees for planning these events!
All Saints’ Day is around the corner! After learning about this holy day, families at the monthly religious education gathering prayed for the deceased while lighting votives. The kids also played a trivia game. We have some very bright young people in our parish!!
Blessing of Pets:
October 4, was the feast day of St. Francis. Blessing of animals took place at St. Francis Solanus church, Interlaken, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
September 15 was Catechetical Sunday and a great group of families came to St. James as we kicked off the new school year with pizza and an activity. Check out the finished projects hanging in the Pine Room at St. James.
We are pleased to have nine students this year but we always have room for more. If you’d still like to sign up, call the church office or email the religious education coordinator, Susan Guydosh, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The next meeting is after the 9 a.m. Mass on October 20.
On September 8, the parish celebrated the 50th anniversary of Father Bernard Maloney’s ordination. Father Bernard said Mass at the St. Fidelis Friary amongst parishioners, friends, family, and the Capuchin Franciscans. Thank you, Father Bernard, for the energy, time, and commitment you have selflessly shared with us. We are blessed to have you lead our parish.
The ice cream social at St. James on July 25, 2019, was a delight! Thank you to our fellowship committee for arranging this event; our parish is blessed to have so many dedicated volunteers!!
Parishioners enjoyed sensational sangria, Lucas wines, and an array of snacks while celebrating the feast day of Saint Francis Solanus on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Thank you to Norm, Scott, and all volunteers for your hard work!