Sacrament of Confirmation:
Students in grades 8–12 who have not celebrated the sacrament of Confirmation, along with their parents, are requested to attend an introductory meeting on Sunday, October 6, at 4:00 p.m. at St. James the Apostle church. Confirmation classes will begin on Sunday, October 20, at St. James. To enroll your child/children, please either pick up a form from the church foyers or print out the registration form available at the link below. Once completed, mail the form to the parish office:
Mary Mother of Mercy Parish
PO BOX 403
Interlaken, NY 14847
- Food Pantries:
- Ovid Federated church: Mondays, 10:00 a.m. Food truck is every other Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. (October 1)
- Interlaken Reformed church: Fridays, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Trumansburg Food Pantry: Methodist church every other Monday, 1:00–2:00 p.m. and 5:30-6:00 p.m. (September 23)
- Bernard is Available: Fridays, 6:30 p.m., St. Francis
- Trumansburg Robotics: Mondays 5:00–8:00 p.m. and Tuesdays 3:00–6:00 p.m., St. James
- A Voice for the Voiceless: Pro-life march, September 28, at 1:00 p.m., Auburn
- Ithaca Loves Life Prayer Vigil: from 9:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., September 28
- Confirmation Meeting for Parents and Students: October 6, 4:00 p.m., St. James
- Angels, Our Forgotten Friends: October 8 at the Notre Dame Retreat House, Canandaigua
- CROP Hunger Walk: October 13, Trumansburg
- Rochester Catholic Men’s Conference: October 19, St. Jude the Apostle church, Rochester
- Peace Weekend: October 19 and 20, Ithaca
- Confirmation Classes Begin: October 20, St. James
- Regional Pastoral Council Forum: October 21, St. Francis of Assisi church, Auburn
For more information on many of these events please visit the bulletin page.
September 15 was Catechetical Sunday and a great group of families came to St. James as we kicked off the new school year with pizza and an activity. Check out the finished projects hanging in the Pine Room at St. James.
We are pleased to have nine students this year but we always have room for more. If you’d still like to sign up, call the church office or email the religious education coordinator, Susan Guydosh, at email@example.com. The next meeting is after the 9 a.m. Mass on October 20.
On September 8, the parish celebrated the 50th anniversary of Father Bernard Maloney’s ordination. Father Bernard said Mass at the St. Fidelis Friary amongst parishioners, friends, family, and the Capuchin Franciscans. Thank you, Father Bernard, for the energy, time, and commitment you have selflessly shared with us. We are blessed to have you lead our parish.
At St. Francis and St. James, parishioners celebrated the assumption of our Holy Mother while enjoying delicious refreshments. Thank you to our fellowship committee for your hard work!
The ice cream social at St. James on July 25, 2019, was a delight! Thank you to our fellowship committee for arranging this event; our parish is blessed to have so many dedicated volunteers!!
Parishioners enjoyed sensational sangria, Lucas wines, and an array of snacks while celebrating the feast day of Saint Francis Solanus on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Thank you to Norm, Scott, and all volunteers for your hard work!