- Food Pantries:
- Ovid Federated church: Mondays, 10:00 a.m. Food truck is every other Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. (November 26)
- Interlaken Reformed church: Fridays, 3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Trumansburg Food Pantry: Methodist church every other Monday, 1:00–2:00 p.m. and 5:30-6:00 p.m. (November 18)
- Confirmation Candidates Classes: Sundays, 4:00 p.m., St. James
- Catholicism Classes: Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., St. Francis
- Choir Rehearsal: Thursdays, 6:30 p.m., St. Francis
- Fr. Bernard is Available: Fridays, 6:30 p.m., St. Francis
- Trumansburg Robotics: Mondays 5:00–8:00 p.m. and Tuesdays 3:00–6:00 p.m., St. James
- Religious Education Monthly Gathering: November 17, after 9:00 a.m. Mass, St. James
- Notre Dame High School Meet and Greet: November 18, 6:30–8:00 p.m., Tompkins County Public Library (BorgWarner Room East)
- Ecumenical Choir Practice: November 21, beginning at 6:30 p.m., Holy Cross
- Retirement Reception for Rev. Losey: November 23, from 2:00–4:00 p.m., Trumansburg United Methodist church’s Fellowship Hall
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service: November 24, 3:00 p.m., Holy Cross, Ovid
For more information on many of these events please visit the bulletin page.
On October 26 and 27 all three churches had ministry fairs where parishioners could sign up for different ministries while enjoying food. Thank you to the worship and fellowship committees for planning these events!
All Saints’ Day is around the corner! After learning about this holy day, families at the monthly religious education gathering prayed for the deceased while lighting votives. The kids also played a trivia game. We have some very bright young people in our parish!!
Blessing of Pets:
October 4, was the feast day of St. Francis. Blessing of animals took place at St. Francis Solanus church, Interlaken, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
September 15 was Catechetical Sunday and a great group of families came to St. James as we kicked off the new school year with pizza and an activity. Check out the finished projects hanging in the Pine Room at St. James.
We are pleased to have nine students this year but we always have room for more. If you’d still like to sign up, call the church office or email the religious education coordinator, Susan Guydosh, at email@example.com. The next meeting is after the 9 a.m. Mass on October 20.
On September 8, the parish celebrated the 50th anniversary of Father Bernard Maloney’s ordination. Father Bernard said Mass at the St. Fidelis Friary amongst parishioners, friends, family, and the Capuchin Franciscans. Thank you, Father Bernard, for the energy, time, and commitment you have selflessly shared with us. We are blessed to have you lead our parish.
At St. Francis and St. James, parishioners celebrated the assumption of our Holy Mother while enjoying delicious refreshments. Thank you to our fellowship committee for your hard work!
The ice cream social at St. James on July 25, 2019, was a delight! Thank you to our fellowship committee for arranging this event; our parish is blessed to have so many dedicated volunteers!!
Parishioners enjoyed sensational sangria, Lucas wines, and an array of snacks while celebrating the feast day of Saint Francis Solanus on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Thank you to Norm, Scott, and all volunteers for your hard work!