- Food Pantries:
- Ovid Federated church: Mondays, 10:00 a.m. Food truck is every other Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. (January 21)
- Interlaken Reformed church: 3:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m., Fridays
- Trumansburg Food Pantry: Methodist church 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and 5:15-6:00 p.m., every other Monday (January 20)
- Confirmation Candidates Classes: 4:00 p.m., Sundays, St. James
- Trumansburg Robotics: 5:00–8:00 p.m. on Mondays and 3:00–6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays, St. James
- Family Hope Center: 12:00–4:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Holy Cross rectory
- Fr. Bernard is available: 6:30 p.m., Fridays, St. Francis
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: Beginning January 18
- Religious Education Monthly Gathering: after 9:00 a.m. Mass, January 19, St. James
- Annual TAC Meeting: 1:00 p.m., January 19, Jacksonville United Methodist church
- Registration for Spring Classes: now through January 21, St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry
- Respect for Life Novena: January 21 through the 29
- Talking Circles on Race and Racism: 6:00 p.m.; January 23, and 30; Immaculate Conception church
- Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children: January 22
- March for Life: 12:45 p.m., January 24, Immaculate Conception church, Ithaca
- Stand Out for Life: 9:00 to 10:30 a.m., January 25, across the street from Planned Parenthood
- Sweet Sunday Social: After Mass, February 2, St. James
- Public Policy Weekend: February 8 and 9
- Catholicism Classes: will resume on March 4, St. Francis
For more information on many of these events please visit the bulletin page.
A thank you to everyone who helped decorate our churches for Christmas, especially the children who made ornaments for the trees at St. James the Apostle.
After enjoying a wonderful spread of food, Father Bernard led the kids on a tour of the sanctuary and sacristy so they could learn more about the Eucharist. This was part of the monthly gathering in November for families involved in religious education.
Parishioners enjoying chili as part of the ministry fair at St. Francisn October 26 and 27 all three churches had ministry fairs where paParishioners could sign up for different ministries while enjoying food. Thank you to the worship and fellowship committees for planning these events!
All Saints’ Day is around the corner! After learning about this holy day, families at the monthly religious education gathering prayed for the deceased while lighting votives. The kids also played a trivia game. We have some very bright young people in our parish!!
Blessing of Pets:
October 4, was the feast day of St. Francis. Blessing of animals took place at St. Francis Solanus church, Interlaken, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
September 15 was Catechetical Sunday and a great group of families came to St. James as we kicked off the new school year with pizza and an activity. Check out the finished projects hanging in the Pine Room at St. James.
We are pleased to have nine students this year but we always have room for more. If you’d still like to sign up, call the church office or email the religious education coordinator, Susan Guydosh, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The next meeting is after the 9 a.m. Mass on October 20.
On September 8, the parish celebrated the 50th anniversary of Father Bernard Maloney’s ordination. Father Bernard said Mass at the St. Fidelis Friary amongst parishioners, friends, family, and the Capuchin Franciscans. Thank you, Father Bernard, for the energy, time, and commitment you have selflessly shared with us. We are blessed to have you lead our parish.
The ice cream social at St. James on July 25, 2019, was a delight! Thank you to our fellowship committee for arranging this event; our parish is blessed to have so many dedicated volunteers!!
Parishioners enjoyed sensational sangria, Lucas wines, and an array of snacks while celebrating the feast day of Saint Francis Solanus on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Thank you to Norm, Scott, and all volunteers for your hard work!